How to make French Toast for two
Prep time: about 15 minutes
* 1 egg
* 1/4 c. milk
* dash of vanilla extract
* 1 tbsp. margarine
* 2 pieces of bread
* medium-size bowl
* mixing spoon
* frying pan
* stove (You'll need help from your adult assistant.)
* serving plate
* measuring cups and spoons
1. Crack the egg into a medium-size bowl and beat well. Then mix in the milk and vanilla extract.
2. Put the margarine in a frying pan. Heat the pan on the stovetop on medium heat. It's hot enough when the margarine starts to bubble.
3. Dunk each piece of bread in the egg mixture. Make sure the bread is totally covered.
4. Cook the bread in the frying pan on low heat until the underside is light brown (about 5 minutes).
5. Use a spatula to flip the bread over, and cook again for another 5 minutes.
6. Use the spatula to transfer the French toast to a plate.
Serving size: 1 slice
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
[Like it? Digg it!]